Terms and Conditions
**BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND WILL ABIDE BY THE TERMS SHOWN BELOW.
** ALL PASSPORTS MUST BE VALID AT LEAST SIX MONTHS BEYOND THE DATES OF YOUR TRIP**
CANCELLATION, "LATE PAYMENT" AND “NON-PAYMENT PERIOD” PENALTIES FOR STANDARD TOURS:
- If the tour is cancelled or postponed due to lack of participation or any other reason by the tour leader, there will be a charge of $150 per person deducted from the deposit amount refunded to each passenger for administrative fees plus any airline penalties if applicable up to 101 days prior to the tour departure date. If the person who cancels decides to register for the rescheduled tour, then the $150 per person cancellation penalty will be credited back as part of the final payment invoice.
- A "Late Payment Penalty" of $95 per person will be charged if a travel's final tour balance is not paid in full by 7 days following the " Final Payment Due Date".
- If a person does not make their final payment within 30 days of the official "Final Payment Due Date" or within 30 days following the registration date if registration is received after the official "Final Payment Due Date", then Faith Based Expeditions LLC holds the right to remove the registtrant/s from the official registration manifest. This period is known as "Non-payment Period."
- Any cancellation that is received by Faith Based Expeditions in writing between day of registration and up to 101 days prior to tour's departure date, the registrant/s will be charged a $300 non-refundable and non-transferrable administrative fee per person (except if the penalty is being transferred to immediate family members) plus any airline penalties, if applicable. All cancellations must be submitted in writing to Faith Based Expeditions in the form of an email or a hard copy notification mailed to the office of Faith Based Expeditions.
- If a tour has a waitlist and Faith Based Expeditions can fill the canceled spot/s from the waitlist for that tour, then Faith Based Expeditions will apply to a future tour with the same church, $200 per person of the per person cancellation penalty. This offer will not apply if a tour does not have a waitlist at the time Faith Based Expeditions receives, in writing, the tour participant’s cancellation or if the cancellation is received in writing after the Final Payment due date.
- If you cancel from 55 - 0 days to the tour departure date which forces your assigned roommate to room alone because there is no other individual of the same gender that can be assigned as the new roommate, then you will be subject to pay the Single Supplement fee.
- Any cancellations from 100-0 days prior to the departure date is referred to the Penalty Period. These non-refundable and non-transferable penalties (except if the penalty is being transferred to immediate family members) will be at the following rates and intervals plus any applicable, non-refundable, non-transferable fees from airlines and/or suppliers.
- 100-85 days prior to departure date = Full Tour Deposit cancellation penalty
- 84-55 days prior to departure date = 50% of the per person total tour cost cancellation penalty
- 54 - 40 days prior to departure date = 80% of the per person total tour cost cancellation penalty
- 39-0 days prior to departure date = 100% of the per person total tour cost cancellation penalty
- If a person cancels after the Penalty Period begins and ultimately results in that person's roommate having to room alone and therefore subject to a Single Supplement Fee, then the person canceling will be assessed the Single Supplement Fee. All cancellation fees are non-transferable.
- Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for any refund to be paid.
REGISTRATION, PAYMENT SCHEDULE AND LATE PAYMENT PENALTY FOR STANDARD TOURS:
- A tour deposit is required to reserve your space.
- Final payment for standard tours will be accepted by personal check, money order, direct-wire (a $20 bank fee will be applied),credit card or debit card.
- A Credit Card Processing fee up to 4% will apply to all Final Payments made by Credit Card or Debit Card.
- Final payment for standard tours is due 100 days prior to departure.
- If a tour participant registers prior to the official "Final Payment Due Date" and who's final payment has not been received by the "Final Payment Due Date", then a "Late Payment Penalty" of $95 per person will be charged 7 days following the "Final Payment Due Date" unless the tour participant contacts Faith Based Expeditions to work out an acceptable new Final Payment Date. If a new Final Payment Due date is agreed on and the person does not make the final payment by this new date, a $95 will be charged. This period is referred to the “Negotiated Late Payment Period”.
- A $95 "Late Registration Penalty" will automatically be charged for all registrations that come into Faith Based Expeditions after 7 days of the tour's "Final Payment Due Date." On the 8th day following the "Final Payment Due Date" the tour price displayed on the tour webpage will automatically increase by $95 per person.
- If a person does not make their final payment within 30 days of the official "Final Payment Due Date" or within 30 days following the registration date if registration is received after the official "Final Payment Due Date", then Faith Based Expeditions LLC holds the right to remove the registtrant or registrants from the official registration manifest. This period is know as "Non-payment Period."
- If the tour participant cancels from a tour by Faith Based Expeditions, LLC as a consequence of not making the Final Payment in accordance to “Non-payment Penalty Period”, then any previous payments paid by the tour will be subject to the cancellation penalty schedule set forth in the above Penalty Period Section.
FIT TO TRAVEL STATEMENT
- Travelers registering for the tour accept the responsibility for being in good health and able to walk at a moderate pace and navigate uneven terrain, cobblestone streets, steps, and hills. Many of the sites are not easily accessible for the physically challenged (those requiring crutches, walkers, wheelchairs, oxygen). Our tours and guides are not able to make provisions in the itinerary or pace of the tour for persons with wheelchairs and walkers.
ITINERARIES and CHANGES:
- All tour itineraries are subject to change without notice due to circumstances beyond our and the tour guide's control.
- All tour prices are based on double occupancy. Every effort will be made to stay with the quoted tour price. However, Faith Based Expeditions, LLC will not be responsible for any increases in FUEL COST, AIRLINE TAXES, PORT FEES, or other charges imposed by suppliers or government above the initial posted price.
- All cost increases will be charged to the tour passenger at final payment. When available, single rooms/cabins are smaller than doubles.
- Faith Based Expeditions, LLC will try to match roommates. However, we cannot guarantee one will be available.
- Roommates may be assigned as late as 60 days prior to departure and if one is not available or if you request a single room, a Single Supplement Fee will apply.
- Accommodations (hotel or vessel), ground transportation, and arranged sightseeing are subject to change at any time due to unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond the control of Faith Based Expeditions, LLC™. Every effort will be made to operate tours as planned, but alterations may occur after the final itinerary has been issued.
- Individuals arranging their own air transportation (defined as "Land Only") for a tour is responsible to be at the assigned hotel per the tour itinerary. The tour price will not be adjusted for tour participants who join the tour late or depart early. Possible hotel discount may occur if a late arrival or early departure is indicated in writing 90 days prior to the tour departure date. If such written notification is given as required, a discount may be offered for missed hotel stay/s. The discount amount for missed hotel nights include the cost for food served in the hotel with such cost included in the package price of the hotel. Other than hotel cost reduction no other tour cost reduction will be offered.
- Airlines often change flight schedules after a tour itinerary is open for registration therefore Faith Based Expeditions, LLC reserves the right to shorten or lengthen the itinerary accordingly. When possible, travelers will be notified in writing of this change.
- If itinerary changes result in extra night(s) stay, there will be a per person charge per night based on individual hotels; a per person single room supplement per night for those rooming alone. The extra night cost is determined by the individual hotels. Meals for extra night(s) are not included.
SPECIAL TOUR LEADER BENEFIT OPTIONS:
- From time-to-time, a special Tour Leader Benefit which includes a Busniess Class seat upgrade based on a certain number of full paying passengers. This benefit is limited to the a specific set of rules.
- Faith Based Expeditions must secure the Business Class ticket/s.
- The cost for the Business Class ticket/s are NOT transferrable to cash.
- A name must be submitted for all Business Class tickets.
- No Business Class ticket/s, once ticketed, is transferrable to any other person.
- Airlines require a deposit to hold airline seats for groups. This deposit is required to ensure, by a specific date, that the seats held for a group are fully utilized. Airlines will keep the deposit, as a penalty, for each seat cancelled.
- If a group falls below 10 full paying passengers (the number required to constitute an airline group and to receive group rates) the deposit will be forfeited and the applicable published fare will apply.
- All tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable once issued.
PRICES, ADJUSTMENTS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Quoted program prices include planning, handling and operational charges, and are based on current rates of exchange, tariffs and taxes.
- Faith Based Expeditions, LLC reserves the right to increase tour prices to cover increased costs, tariffs and taxes received after prices are published, and to reflect fluctuations in foreign exchange markets.
- Faith Based Expeditions, LLC reserves the right to add a surcharge if the dollar declines by more than 2% against the Euro, Pound Sterling, or other foreign currencies used to price tours based on foreign exchange rates.
- Faith Based Expeditions, LLC is under no obligation to give breakdown costs involved in any Escorted or Customized program. Modification of tour content that does not alter the trip duration, to accommodate a smaller group size then the minimum number or travelers the tour was priced against, may affect the published tour price.
- Faith Based Expeditions, LLC reserves the right to withdraw a tour or any part of a tour or to make such alterations in the itinerary as deemed necessary or desirable and to pass on to tour participants any expenditures or losses caused by such alterations.
- All Group departures are guaranteed, with some dates and tours subject to a minimum number of passengers to operate, (excepting only cases of force majeure, which could include any major world event that adversely affects international travel patterns and other circumstances beyond Faith Based Expeditions, LLC control). Should the minimum number of passengers not be met, Faith Based Expeditions, LLC will modify the services of the original tour to accommodate a smaller group (additional cost may be charged with a smaller size group and be the responsibility of the traveler). If the group leader decides to cancel the tour after payments have been made, Faith Based Expeditions, LLC will offer a refund of monies paid, following any penalties incurred (See Airline penalties and Cancellation for Standard Tours section of the Terms and Conditions) at the time of the cancellation and based on the time frame from date of departure that the tour leader cancelled. (See Airline and Cancellation Penalties For Standard Tours section of the Terms and Conditions)
- In order to keep prices low, Faith Based Expeditions, LLC does NOT guarantee the most direct routing to your final destination.
- Once issued, airline tickets cannot be changed or refunded.
- Air transportation to/from your destination will be economy class aboard IATA and ARC carriers utilizing APEX or SUPER APEX non-refundable, non-amenable tickets for groups of 10 or more passengers flying together for the entire itinerary.
- Faith Based Expeditions, LLC is not allowed to book one-way flights when the passenger/s are flying with the group.
- Flight deviations may be granted by the airlines subject to the airlines guidelines and cost associated with a flight deviation schedule.
- All flight times are subject to change by the airlines without advanced notice. Faith Based Expeditions, LLC is not responsible for such changes or delays and does not reimburse expenses resulting from such delays.
- If making own flight arrangements to departure city, we recommend you purchase a ticket that can be changed without large penalties.
- Passengers are responsible for reconfirming their flights with the airline 24 hours prior to departure to assure their flight schedule. Faith Based Expeditions, LLC is not responsible for this.
- Groups departing from the West Coast may be scheduled on a flight the evening before the actual International departure to ensure that the group has enough time to make the International flight connection out of the designated East Coast airport.
- Due to some overnight flights, groups may arrive into their next tour destination very late at night or very early in the morning.
- Due to the arrival times, some hotel accommodations may not be available right away for group check-in. This delay could result in a longer then normal waiting time before the group will be able to check-in.
- Adjacent or connecting rooms
- Special dietary needs should be advised at time of booking.
- Please note that every effort will be made to secure your special request; however, these requests cannot be guaranteed.
- If you return individually and not with the group, you will be subject to the deviation fee imposed by the airlines plus any additional airline fees that apply.
- All deviations must be provided in WRITING and acknowledged by Faith Based Expeditions, LLC.
- On programs where immediate check-in has not been included in the program price, Faith Based Expeditions, LLC™ does request that hotels do their utmost to facilitate this service; however, it is not guaranteed. Most hotels allow check-in to take place during the mid-afternoon.
- Tour prices include the handling of One (1) piece of baggage per person.
- Weight restrictions on some routes on internal air flights may apply; details will be provided with preliminary tour documentation.
- Baggage and personal effects are at owner's risk throughout the travel program.
- Please check with your international carrier for other baggage restrictions applicable to your international flights.
PASSPORTS and VISAS:
- Valid U.S. passports are required for travel to oversees destinations. Check with Faith Based Expeditions, LLC™ for the latest visa requirements. Please note that non-U.S. passport holders are responsible for obtaining the required documentation applicable for entry.
CLAIMS and REFUNDS:
- Refunds are not made for any missed services, except for verifiable extenuating circumstances. Please see our Limits on Responsibility on this page. For verifiable claims to be considered, they must be received in writing within 30 days of the termination of the program and be accompanied by supporting documentation and/or a statement from the Operating Company verifying the claim. Any adjustment considered will be based on the actual price of the services involved and not on a per diem basis. Adjustments will NOT be made for unused sightseeing trips or meals. Faith Based Expeditions, LLC will not accept any liability for any claims that are not received within 30 days of the termination of your travel program. All claims for days missed while traveling should be made in writing within 30 days of the termination of the program. Please allow 2 - 4 weeks for refund to be processed.
PHOTOGRAPHY and VIDEO DURING GROUP TRAVEL:
- Faith Based Expeditions, LLC and its affiliates, suppliers reserve the right to take photographs, video and capture audio during the operation of any program or part thereof and to use them for promotional purposes. By booking a program with Faith Based Expeditions, LLC, program members agree to allow their images to be used in such photographs, video and audio. Program members who prefer that their images not be used are asked to identify themselves to their Tour Leader at the beginning of their program.
- Additionally, some tours will require program members to sign an additional release from the ministry, leaders, publishers, or any tour affiliate planning to film, photograph and capture audio during the tour for their purposes, which would be stated on release. Releases will need to be signed and returned with final payment.
LIMITATIONS and RESPONSIBILITY:
- Faith Based Expeditions, LLC, its employees, shareholders, officers, directors, successors, agents and assigns (collectively Faith Based Expeditions, LLC), does not own or operate any entity which is or does provide goods or services for your trip. It purchases transportation (by aircraft, coach, train, vessel or otherwise), hotel and other lodging accommodations, restaurant, ground handling and other services from various independent suppliers. All such persons and entities are independent contractors. As a result, Faith Based Expeditions, LLC is not liable for any negligent or willful act of any such person or entity or of any third person. In addition and without limitation, Faith Based Expeditions, LLC is not responsible for any injury, loss, death, inconvenience, delay or damage to personal property in connection with the provision of any goods or services whether resulting from but not limited to acts of God or force majeure, illness, disease, acts of war, civil unrest, insurrection or revolt, animals, strikes or other labor activities, criminal or terrorist activities of any kind, overbooking or downgrading of services, food poisoning, mechanical or other failure of aircraft or other means of transportation or for failure of any transportation mechanism to arrive or depart on time. There are certain inherent risks in adventure travel of the type involved here. These include, but are not limited to, risks of white water rafting, kayaking and rafting (for example, dangers of rapidly moving water, rocks and other submerged objects, hypothermia, etc.), horseback riding, Camel riding (for example, unpredictable behavior by the horses, being spooked, etc.) hiking, walking safaris, downhill or cross country skiing (for example, equipment failures, ice or other trail obstructions), and in all trips dangers of animals, inaccessibility to medical attention and difficulty in evacuation from remote locations in the case of a medical emergency. Passenger assumes all such risks with regard to these possibilities.
TRAVEL ADVISORIES and WARNINGS:
- It is the responsibility of The Traveler to become informed about the most current travel advisories and warnings by referring to the U. S. State Department's travel Web site at www.travel.state.gov/or by phone at 1-888-407-4747.
- In the event of an active State Department Travel Warning against travel to the specific destination location(s) of the trip, should The Traveler still choose to travel, notwithstanding any travel advisory or warning, The Traveler assumes all risk of personal injury, death or property damage that may arise out of the events like those advised or warned against. The Traveler represents that neither he nor she nor anyone traveling with him or her has any physical or other condition or disability that could create a hazard to him or herself or other members of the tour.
- Faith Based Expeditions, LLC reserves the right to decline to accept anyone on a trip. Faith Based Expeditions, LLC reserves the right to remove from the trip, at his or her sole expense, anyone whose condition is such that he or she could create a hazard to himself or others, or otherwise impact the enjoyment of other passengers on the trip.
Faith Based Expeditions, LLC –ID # 27-4099058 Pursuant to current state law, a number of details are presented to you on invoices, travel documents and marketing materials. They include complete, specific hotels and resorts the group will be staying at, rooming list, flight schedule, (if applicable) Travel Protection Brochure, (if applicable) tour itinerary, and Packing recommendation brochure. We have made a conscious effort to be as clear as possible and comply completely with state law. If you are unclear with any portion or detail of your trip, please call us.
PAYMENT OF THE DEPOSIT and/or PROGRAM PRICE CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT HEREIN AND IN MORE SPECIFIC PRE-DEPARTURE PASSENGER DOCUMENTATION, INCLUDING THE RESERVATION CONFIRMATION FORM. TERMS and CONDITIONS are SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANYTIME WITHOUT NOTICE.